The MGHurston Creative Services, LLC Social Media Intern will provide, but is not limited to, the following high level functions
- Advocate – Gather feedback from online initiatives and communicate back to team
- Evangelist – Promote online initiatives of clients developed by team
- Communicator – Post updates to Blogs, Facebook and Twitter. In addition the Social Media Intern will be responsible for participating in partner site’s Forums
- Moderator – Monitor and assess all conversations related to client accounts via Google Alerts
This position is part time, with expected two hours per day at five days a week and is highly driven by performance. Strong performance will yield increases in hours and responsibilities. Performance is not solely based upon the following: increases in web traffic, search queries, backlinks, alerts and sales increases.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Proficiency in social listening tools such as Whos Talking and Social Mention
- Exceptional communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Example Expected Tasks
- Daily posts social media outlets
- Engage with at least three Twitter users per client account per business day
- Engage with users on client related forums
- Monitor alerts related to client accounts and provide feedback where necessary
- Research additional places to engage users
- Attend weekly meetings via Skype
This is a remote position offering $10 per hour for three months with possibility of renewal and increased hours.
How to Apply
Apply by sending a resume, brief resume with a link to at least one of your social media profiles on either Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to the email mgh [at] michaelghurston [dot] com. Applying in comments on this blog with a link to your information is acceptable for this position, but will not be publicly displayed.