Help – Outlook keeps giving me the following error and it won’t go away!
“either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.”
If you are experiencing this error there are two methods according to Microsoft that can be used to fix this issue. They are both found on their support page. However below are the manual steps if you want to try this yourself without using their software tool.
Easy fix 50565
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey in the registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\Microsoft Outlook
- Select the subkey, and then press DELETE.
- Click Yes.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Start Outlook.
- For Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002, click the Help menu, and then click Detect and Repair .
For Outlook 2007, click the Help menu, and then click Office Diagnostics .
For Office 2010, Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs and Features, select Microsoft Office 2010 and then click the Changebutton. Next, click Repair, and then click Continue.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
Unfortunately the last step will probably direct you to a 404 page such as this: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/diagnostichelp.aspx?V=12.0.6612.1000
And then their support page will direct you to other various articles and you won’t actually find a person to talk too.